No announcement yet.

Lychee Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you need to invest in a couple of carbouys.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
      Sounds like you need to invest in a couple of carbouys.
      realy do need carbouys buddy, would get the missis off my back bigtime, i have 19 djs in the living room, 6 in the kitchen and 8 in the hall way, we live in a bungalow at mo so space is tight..
      would be willing to swap 10 djs for a carbouy i now have loads of djs in the shed lol

Comment

all finished bubbling and added cabden tablet and sorbate a few days ago, all ten gallon is crystal clear already, had a little taste last night and it tastes like blossom hill 'calafornia', which i like very much, very fruity and crisp, the smell is also almost identical too, cant wait to see what this tastes like in a few months of ageing.

Comment

Sorry, did mean to add that i added kwik clear 48 hours after stabilising

Alan

Comment

Kwik Clear is probably the best of the bunch when it comes to finings.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

Kwik Clear is probably the best of the bunch when it comes to finings.
              Thanks buddy, i must say it does do the job kwik,lol
              24 hours after adding it and its soo clear. top banana

Comment

Knocked up a 5 gallon batch of this today, as per the original recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Excellent buddy, it is rather a nice drink, my dad cant get enough of it, i have one bottle left from 10 gallon

Comment

That's some going Alan! 10 gallon in a few weeks! So much for your plans of ageing it a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      Nice one Rich, that reminds me, I need to get some more on.

Originally posted by alan66 View Post
                      Excellent buddy, it is rather a nice drink, my dad cant get enough of it, i have one bottle left from 10 gallon
                      Looks like it turned out to be a good guzzling wine. So, your dad necked it all himself did he?

Comment

Originally posted by alan66 View Post
                        10 gallons

Bleedin' hell, you'd need more lychee than the average Chinese supermarket for a batch like that!

Either that, or you'd get "knocked off" outside Tesco's by the local "pointy heads" thinking that they've got their hands on a "liquid explosives maker"

Might have to give this one a go though - sounds quite tastey, even for a drinker of heavy bordeaux and burgundy like me!

regards

JtFB
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

It makes a simply outstanding wine
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

It certainly does make a loovly wine, i must admit to drinking possibly 7 gallon and the rest my dad and family
                            I must get some more on the go soon.

Comment

At this consumption rate you need to do a 5 gallon batch each month.

Comment

At this consumption rate you need to do a 5 gallon batch each month.
                                Lol, more..... either way i need to make some more,lol we did have a party and i took a few gallon of the lychee which went down soooo well..

Comment

Working...
                                X