• Show
Clear All

• A 187ml bottle of Jacobs Creek Shiraz/Cabernet
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Originally posted by ukric View Post
      A 187ml bottle of Jacobs Creek Shiraz/Cabernet
      Still on rations in your part of Yorkshire

Lychee tonight, and not mine. It's very nice too.

Comment

• mediocre shiraz rose 07!

which must be good as sainsbury had it labelled as "limited edition" and that I must taste of strawberry and blackberry.......

suffice to say, mediocre, medium but quite fruity tasting.

good enough to skull the rest of the bottle but not very memorable......

ergo, typical "supermarket" wine that will impress numpties who think that they've got the faintest idea.

Me, pompous ? Nah! I know bog all about wine really and pretty much, the tiny bit I do know, refers to the flavours that I like.

this isn't one of them, other than it'll get drunk, with the grace with which it was received as a gift.
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Had some really interesting wines tonight at our club meeting. Everything was from Israel and kosher. I was expecting Manischewitz, but these were top drawer. There was a Cab that was very nice, and a Moscato that was out of this world tasty.
          Steve

Comment

• Last night - a Lychee. It had a problem birth (dodgy yeast and all that), but doesn't seem to have suffered.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Sparkling tonight it'll be, (at least for me). Celebrating our 2nd child's birth this morning.

Comment

• Congratulations . Actually, mainly congratulations to Cherry - I doubt you did anything useful
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Congrats Rich!
                  Steve

Comment

• Congratulations to you both and a big welcome to your youngest
                    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

• Congrats Rich

A glass of Beaverdale Pinot Grigio.... to wet the babies head
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Happy Friday! Drinking commercial wine tonight. I have a mid-range 2003 Bordeaux in the decanter for later, but am first warming up with some California Chenin Blanc.
                        Steve

Comment

• Another commercial taster bottle Pinot Noir....not sure I like this, later on Lindemans Shiraz and a small bottle of Shriaz Rosé.
                          With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• way too much in glass tonight.

Samples ready for bottle for the VWC entries. Some really nice wines I found in the rack tonight, hope they make the grade

Also froze/disgorged a couple of sparkly bottles so we can have one with lunch tomorrow(and one to sample now to make sure it's ok) Maybe not quite sparkly enough, but that maybe to do with it hadn't rested after disgorging.

Comment

• Similar to Rich - took samples of my VWC Comp entries over to the neighbours for their opinions. I can remember the first two, then it all got a bit .... vague.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Pomegranate number 1; getting a little (much needed) interest with age. otherwise ticking all the boxes.
                                pineapple num 1: seems to be going through a bad patch or a single bottle was dogdy.
                                To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                                A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Working...
                                X