X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight, the cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend from grapefest 2006

yum scrum.....
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Last night - various. Trying out a new range of house wines at a mate's restaurant.

Took a bottle of chocolate raspberry port too. I think I could have taken half a dozen and they would have been consumed.
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• green tea & ginger (with a spicey soup) just uber

18 month old rosehip & cinnamon .... fruity and warming
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• I like the sound of rosehip & cinnamon. Fruity and warming, I presume we are still talking about the wine.

You say your rosehip & cinnamon is 18 months old, how dominant is the cinnamon now?

I have just bottled 5 gals of Christmas Tea wine, I'm hoping that the cinnamon will fade/blend a wee bit. Am I chasing a loser or does this wine stand a chance?

Whilst I'm on old chap, you started a thread for newbies. You know my situation with regard to reading digital text, could you you post it [here would be handy] as I think I have something to contribute.

Hoping you can help.
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hi Wisp,

There are lots of threads for newcombers. Can you remember the specific topic, or some of the content?
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Tonight in my glass is 2006 Amarone, from Lidl. Expensive for a lidl wine but on offer and only a few bottles left on the shelf. I hope some are still left tomorrow. I also hope that my Kenridge kit I made last year turns out like this one.

Comment

• Blackcherry Kit, pleasant, interesting enough but a little thin for our tastes, easy drinking
                Rosehip 2008, better for having breathed some, quite some, quite a serious drink but interesting.
                Pomegranate number 1, pleasant, not thin, but still not v interesting, easy drinking

its been a night ... ready for a looong weekend.
                To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Chenin Blanc tonight. Dry, crisp, unoaked.
                  Steve

Comment

• Just back from a festival, with a load of empties

friends were awaiting pineapple number 1
                    our "neighbours" tried pomegranate number 1 and one loved it, they also tried the tanglefoot and 2 loved it. no-one loved both, but still drank them
                    The orange & elderflower went down very nice on a particularly cold night.

Comment

• A commercial Trebbiano tonight. Very pleasant it is too. Bought for me as a gift which makes it even better.

Comment

• Cheap bourbon from Aldi.

Comment

• Last night was a 2006 Vineco Amarone kit.....age has turned this into a beautiful wine....

although the cork was on the point of expiry, very crumbly and only moist at the very bottom. Only one bottle of this left. I will re-cork it today
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I found a hidden gem while sorting out the cellar. A bottle of 2001 Havens Cab Franc/Merlot blend. Absolutely delicious, with a very pleasant, almost barnyard quality to it.

Michael Havens was considered a top maker of Merlot and Bordeaux blends in Napa Valley but, sadly, went out of business in 2005. I met him when I bought this bottle. Nice guy. He had put everything into Merlot, but after the movie "Sideways" came out, you couldn't give Merlot away. So his business went bottoms up.

I'm happy to see Merlot is rebounding again. I love the stuff when it's made well.
                            Steve

Comment

• I totally agree...

nothing wrong with Merlot at all, I have 45 gallons of it ageing as we type
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                Last night was a 2006 Vineco Amarone kit.....age has turned this into a beautiful wine....
                                Made another Kenridge Amarone end of last year, it's put away in the bottom of the rack for a while, with few half bottles done as samplers

Comment

Working...
                                X