X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started two gallons of Elderberry wine this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Leon View Post
      How much rasberry did you use? Fresh or tinned?
      I used fresh but then due to visitors I had to freeze them and defrost them the following week. The recipe was for 50g/gallon and I thought the pack was 250g but it wasn't and 500g went into 5 gallons. To be fair it's not that raspberry at the moment so I've probably got away with it.
      Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• enolmatic just arrived - gotta go....
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• "Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it "

Made me smile... got me thinking... very soon you will have another tag line

Life would be better if I could find room in the house for everything I brew!

Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Degassed & stabilised my Grapefest black cherry port yesterday, added flavour sachet, brandy & oak, and set aside to age a bit.

Struggling to get motivated at the moment - a combination of a heavy workload and H2S problems with the GF wines. I need to pull my finger out because I have a complete log-jam of wine here though
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Evicted!

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
              "Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it "

Made me smile... got me thinking... very soon you will have another tag line

Life would be better if I could find room in the house for everything I brew!

I got moved out of the house some time ago. Nice shed (birthday present) fully insulated (not cheap) big lock and heated in the winter. My gripe is it's at the top of the garden so run out of wine run up to the shed (my job) and in Manchester that's get wet in the rain too. Bo Ho

Comment

• Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
                run up to the shed (my job) o
                Know that feeling!

Comment

• And to think that I moan about going down the cellar to fetch a bottle! mind you my legs are much fitter for it!

Comment

• Well like Goldseal there's a wine jam here too nothing but nothing wants to clear fast and the brewing cupboard is empty Yes! empty. There's 25 gallons and more just not clearing. I'm off to Wilko's on the way home I feel the need to purchase an inexpensive fermenter and some finings which I shall refain from using but will threaten each wine with "if you don't clear you're going to get zapped with this!" "This" being Youngs two part finings. Not sure if that will work but it will make me feel better.

Comment

• ML chromatography test attempt 3 underway, fingers crossed
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• will cross mine for you too..

Comment

• Right, I think we're getting somewhere.

Would you expect the Lactic spot to occur above or below the Malic spot? Unfortunately I didn't have any Lactic acid to use as a control.
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• you got spots - don't be greedy!!

Comment

• Oh yes - it's taken around 12 hours to develop, but it's getting clearer all the time. I left it for about 8 hours in my cold garage until the stink had died down, then brought it into the warm and dry. The latter appears to be doing the trick.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                                Unfortunately I didn't have any Lactic acid to use as a control.
                                I will send you some!
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X