WAH Official Wine Trader Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
    Haha, you'll just haveto swap EXTRA with me when we're over next year!
    Landing Vegas 8th April, set off to San Fransisco 13th April, Lave SF 20th April, drive to LA, fly home to England 24th April...

Take yer pick where you want to send wine to!

OR, I have friends in LA who can take deliveries of crates for us...
    Seriously? That's very generous of you. If you wouldn't mind bringing a few extra bottles back from the states for the Ponty folks, I could send them to your hotel in Vegas (along with a couple of bottles for you, of course) and time it to arrive while you are there. To send them within the US only costs a fraction of what the transatlantic cost is.

Bob, Karl, and Richard, do you mind waiting until April-May-ish for the booty to arrive?

Of course, we still need to figure out how to get your bottles to me. If it's expensive for me to ship, I would assume the same applies to you.
    Steve

Comment

Depending on how much shopping I do weight wise, I can't see bringing a couple of extra bottles back being a problem, as long as I can still bring my Patron Silver Tequila as well as the wine...
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

I was going to try to organise this after it was left in the air.....this is why I tried to make sure it would carry through when it was first mentioned.

Please accept my apologies for those who were looking forward to it happening.

I would organise it, but working 12 hours a day is kind of getting in the way of that.

It's a shame as its a great idea, I would love it to still happen, but need an individual/individuals to make it happen as I simply dont have the time at the moment....I will help in any way I can, but my time is limited currently.

any takers?
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Hmm, I'll chip in here.

From a very quick look, Sorting this involves PM an address or so around, albiet a fair few times.

Since no one is in a mad rush, I'll take it on.. I can spare an hour or so at least. It'll save me pointlessly looking at utube and posting pointless rubbish on forums.

Any chance of a bigger PM box?

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            Any chance of a bigger PM box?

Rich

Done!

message inbox is now 100
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              Done!

message inbox is now 100
              Errrr, Yipee..?

Right, I'll get right on this hopefully on Monday evening when normal bordem resumes..

With a bit of luck I'll pm everyone and see what they want to do. Hopefully, the more active forum members that are still interested will post here before Monday. I've got a hectic weekend with the family planned, so not sure when I'll be back on before late sunday/monday eve. (It's my birthday weekend, so a few bits and pieces planned)

Rich

Comment

Well, count me in still, just let me know when where and how etc etc ...
                HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Wine Trade 2009!

Date for Trade/posting 28th Feb 2009..(ish)

Closing date for getting name down: 21st Feb ish, that'll give us a little time to pair people up, or arrange 3 way swaps if not enough people. Do people want to swap red/whites with different people, or 2 bottles to same person?

Thought we'd start this off with a definate date to work at If we get the bottles posted out on this date, or the following week if it's more convenient.

What I need now is a list of people who want to swap a bottle at the end of next month and if your going to send a red/white or rose and if you have a preferance on what you receive. I know that might not make it a random swap, but it might mean you get a bottle of something you may like

Posted in a pet bottle might be a cheaper/safer way of posting, I did see some polystyrene bottle mailers for 96p in Cwybran Wilkinsons last week, I'll investigate better later in the week. Maybe a 500ml ish pet water bottle would be ok, then the sender would have to drink some of the wine they're sending. OR do people want to pay the little extra postage and send glass?

The bottle mailers are 96p, polystryene and include brown paper wrapping and sticky labels I bought 2 today, they are for 750ml bottles though. will try a bottle in them and get it weighed, so we can work out postage costs.

Rules:

* Must be a bottle of alchoholic beverage
                  * Doesn't need to be wine but must be along the same lines e.g. mead, Cyser etc
                  * You must have made the beverage or had a major hand in it
                  * You must be willing to pay the P&P to send your wine

These are the base rules but after all its for fun so if you have a problem just let me know.

Original Thread HERE

I'm bound to have missed something important here.. So I'll update this first post as required

List:

Rich
                  Her Lushness

Bob
                  Spritzer

Darren
                  Benarnold

Richard S
                  Goldseal

Duff
                  Mel
                  Last edited by Rich; 26-02-2009, 07:38 AM. Reason: names.

Comment

Right, Just spent a while reading through this thread. I'm going to start a new thread, with some information cut/pasted from here.

Last edited by lockwood1956; 16-04-2009, 08:15 AM. Reason: removed new thread links as threads merged now :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer
                      I think 500ml pet bottles are sound for the job,
                      I'll exam a couple of supermarkets maybe this week, and see what size water bottles etc there is

Comment

• I'm thinking 500ml pet would be fine (water bottle) it will be lighter to post etc

I removed the posts that were already added to the first post
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I like the idea of February 28th. January's too cold where I live to send or receive wine. We do an annual swap in another forum and, so far, I've received 6 frozen bottles (one of which completely popped its top ).

I'm still planning to send three bottles to the international trio of Bob, Karl, and Richard: one red, one white, and one dessert. You can have a group taste or split them up as you see fit. They will be in glass because I don't want to re-bottle them. I think it destroys the aged bottle bouquet.
                          Steve

Comment

• Looking forward to it too Steve, we'll be sure to share and save on loads of shipping ( or her lushes suitcase ) whichever the case
                            Discount Home Brew Supplies
                            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                            National Wine Judge
                            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Bottle mailers from Wilkos.. 96p.

Contains 2 sticky labels and some brown paper!

Hmm, pic too big to post. will have to sort out that resize power toy on this pc
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Rich; 21-01-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Bump!!

Anybody else, get your names down people

Also, could a nice moderator please clean up the thread again..

And, Do people want to swap red/whites with different people, or 2 bottles to same person?
                                Last edited by Rich; 25-01-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X