Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kojak View Post
    Oh BTW I'm not trying to put down more expensive wines its just a matter of costs for me,i cant afford the £10 plus bottles unfortunately.
    buy them at £5 and age them a couple of years.....makes a big big difference

regards
    bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      welcome welcome welcome all of you

Darren...Try the beaverdale Barolo or Rioja, but dont use the yeast that comes with the kit, replace it with a good quality one (lalvin RC-212 or Gervin No2) and perhaps add approx 50g chopped sultanas (for the 6 bottle kit)

should give you much better results

reghards
      Bob
      Thanks for the tips there Bob, I ought to give the Reds another go really and am happy to modify the kits, Barolo sounds good.
      Feel the Zin

Comment

• Hi There dpile 1.

Another wine maker from sunny Bristol. I seen your link to Keysham homebrew centre,,one which i use too. I also use Brewers Droop on Gloucester road too,,i kind of like using both shops equally!

Hope you have fun wine making,, i know i have,, and this forum has made a world of difference to it!!

Mark.
        Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Originally posted by waggoner View Post
          Hi There dpile 1.

Another wine maker from sunny Bristol. I seen your link to Keysham homebrew centre,,one which i use too. I also use Brewers Droop on Gloucester road too,,i kind of like using both shops equally!

Hope you have fun wine making,, i know i have,, and this forum has made a world of difference to it!!

Mark.
          Hi Mark,

Good to hear from a fellow Bristolian. I've been to Brewers Droop once or twice but Keynsham's closer to me.

Darren
          Feel the Zin

Comment

• hi from norfolk!

hi everybody, am new to this forum but looks packed with some great info.
            i started brewing beer in jan this year, and having picked up some demijohns at a carboot, am trying my hand at wine.
            i have a rhubarb wine on the go from cjj berrys book as the garden had plenty needing to be used and i have 2 gallons of elderflower bubbling away too courtesy of local hedgerows!
            am finding winemaking a fascinating world and more enjoyable than beer as i can pick fruits and flowers from hedgerows and my garden..feels much more satisfying.
            am going to try wine number one next and hope as my experience grows that i can contribute to the forum.

Comment

• My late father once made a rhubarb wine which was most likely to the CJ Berry recipe as I remember seeing the book in the house. Down the years it has gained legendary status in the household due to the amazing potency it possessed. My Gran was a noteable victim.

Comment

• i sneaked a taste as i racked it yesterday and it was astoundingly tasty so will look forward to the finished article. pity its light green and not pink though

Comment

• Welcome to the Forum
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by unklep View Post
                    pity its light green and not pink though

hmmmm that doesn't sound quite right

welcome aboard

regards
                    Bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• is something wrong with it then?

i did the method in cjj berry's book where i covered the rhubarb in sugar, left for 24 hrs then used the resulting juice?

hope its not gone wrong?

Comment

• Fermentations throw up many different smells and colours, its how it ends rather than how it starts and progresses that is important.
                        regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi

Hello there, I currently live in Helensburgh, Scotland but am originally from North West England. I have been making kit wines on and off for about ten years now but have decided to branch out a bit and have started a "Wine No 1" as my first step in a different direction. I usually make Beaverdale and Selection kits but also the cheaper stuff to placate my Wife and her friends. I am however really looking forward to my first non kit wine and doing many more in the future.

Comment

• Welcome aboard. Let us know how your Wine No.1 turns out.
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I certainly will.

Comment

• good morning all,

am new to brewing so thought the best way to get started and pick up some expert tips would be to join a forum of knowledgeable folk (insert joke here).

i'm currently brewing elderflower champagne (who doesn't at this time?) a wine kit sauvignon blanc and a supermarket juice brew (1l apple, 1l white grape) that i found on these very pages.

hope to be more a contributor than lurker so will speak to you all in due course.

Comment

Working...
                                X