• Show
Clear All

• You are very welcome, Sir
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      Welcome David

For those who don't know David is my mentor and friend, and is my sponsor, in my judges training. A top bloke

cheers matey
      good to see you here
      regards
      Bob

Another David! this one is a goliath as is our other David? for wine. Mentors are always in demand. Cheers from the other side of the Pacific; please give us as many pointers as you have time for. Bob you have many knolageable wine friends out there. DAW

Comment

• Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
        Cheers from the other side of the Pacific; DAW
        You going the long way round, DAW?
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
          Sorry Mami - I surely meant to say the Atlantic - Brain slow down. But then again I am much closer to the Pacific so I guess that is where it comes from. Cheers DAW

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
            Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
            Sorry Mami - I surely meant to say the Atlantic - Brain slow down. But then again I am much closer to the Pacific so I guess that is where it comes from. Cheers DAW
            LMAOFF, it took me a moment to suss what you were on about, but yes the pacific would be a slightly long way round, let us know how you get on with cape horn DAW, hehe.
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
              LMAOFF, it took me a moment to suss what you were on about, but yes the pacific would be a slightly long way round, let us know how you get on with cape horn DAW, hehe.
              Oh No! Duff; I am a land lover; those rocking boats are not good for me - not a good sailor more of a grunt. My rout would have been through Japan, Mongolia Kazaksan, Continental Europe and then GB. Wow looking at the Globe that is one heck of a lot longer. Cheers! DAW

Comment

• All that matters is that you get HERE daw
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Welcome David H!

Good luck teaching Bob anything!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                    Welcome David H!

Good luck teaching Bob anything!

lol
                    cheers dude
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hello

Hello, Recently got into making homebrew, after having some gear given to me by the Father in law, and a local old lady

Made some kit beer, and a couple of 1 gal kit wines. Now trying making my own wine, currently a beetroot wine from a C.J.Berry recipe ( with an added cinnamon stick though..), It was all we had in abundance at the allotment so far this year.

I've planted a fair amount of Rhubarb up the allotment, so next year should be good. All the raspberries seem to have rotted/mouldy with all the rain. Still some late ones to go though. Only got a few currants off, as they are still yong bushes. I frozen these to hopefully add to something!

Have got some onions that prob won't keep, anyone got a good recipe with onions in? apart from a curry

Rich

Comment

• Welcome, Rich!

Have heard nuttin but bad reports of onion wine, sorry. On the bright side, have heard good thangs about beet wine, so there!

Don't forget to go into your profile settings and add your location. Thanks!

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Welcome Ritchy, I agree bad year for crops this year allthough I had a bumper crop of rhubarb, you can have some if you like, depending how local you are of course.

Karl.
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Thanks for the offer Karl, planted lots of rhunarb at the allotment, pulled a little bit so far just to keep the plants tidy, enough to keep us in puddings Rhubarb with a flapjack topping, yum yum! Hopefully should have lots next summer.

The beetroot wine certainly looks interesting, 6lBs chopped into pan, covered with water and simmered for 10mins, very deep red. then the beet didn't seem to have lost much colour so I put some more water over it and boiled, a lighter red broth came off! so, 2 gallons now going nicely in the back room. I'll see about posting a pick when I get back from work.

Shame about the onion wine, don't think I'll bother with any and just cook with the better ones..

Rich

Comment

• Please post your beet wine recipe and method and any pics you might have with it in the recipe section, alphabetized of course. It sounds good. Hope you used plenty of pectic enzyme or pectolase. Cooking sets the pectin.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Hello, from newbie wine maker

Hello to everyone at Wines at home.

So glad to have found you on the net.

I've just started making wine and currently have done 4 country wine kits, home made gooseberry wine and orange & pineapple wine.

From what I have read, I will be at least a year waiting for the Gooseberry wine.............so my patience will be tested!

All I have to go on is an Old book by CJJ Berry and another by Ben Turner. So thank you for your website.

Comment

Working...
                                X