No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I missed River Cottage last night... I hope it's on catch up tv...

Oh and Welcome KevP

Comment

• Originally posted by Danina View Post
      Bob and I spent one complete day just watching the DVDs.

Tonight - I can't wait! We're going to be watching Oz and Clarke's Wine adventure (I think it's called)
      Oh dear, I'd like to watch the DVDs too... how sad are we all?

...and yeah, I watched the wine thingy last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, a far cry from the Risky Business series eh?!
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Hello to all I'm looking to make wine in the first instanxe...I made some boots kits when I was young and i'm just starting back.
        In saying that, I have a "beginers no' 2 wine on the go from this site plus an orange wine from another. As well as a few primed turbo ciders.
        Hope to learn a lot here
        All the best to all brewers wherever you may be!!!

Comment

• Hi, and welcome. It looks like you've caught the bug already, so here's looking forward to hearing more from you. Enjoy your stay
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome come in a sit a spell. Take your shoes of and enjoy yourself we love to help so ask away. BTW Insanity is a normal thing here.
            http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Sorry for the late welcome.

Just wanted to wish you all to the forum and hope that you learn a lot from this fine hobby. There are some great and knowledgeable people on here, and I wish you well in your winemaking endeavors!

Your Mod,

Martina (Danina)
              Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
              Twitter: VirtualWineO
              Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

• Hi all I'm new....

Hello all, just to introduce myself.

I started with a beaverdale Cab Sav kit on the 2nd Dec 2008, and so far it turned out quite good, so having scoured the internet before finding this forum, I bumped into Jack Kellers site and tried a light blackberry wine (5 gal) from 14 .5 pounds of frozen fruit, which is going ok ish... a bit too light in body so far... I guess time will tell.

I had some damsons in the freezer too so started 3gal of that which is in secondary fermentation and seems to be going well...

made 1 gal of ribena wine too just to see what it will turn out like.

And a few days ago started 5 gal of wine No 1 exactly as described from your tutorial... that took off like a rocket and is blooping nicely.

anyways that's the story to date... thanks for the excellent forum and all the advice contained within. its hard for a newbe to get going on his own as I find most of the books a bit old hat, so this site is so helpful... Thanks!

all the best.

Comment

• Hi, Billysollux, glad you've found this site so useful and look forward to hearing more from you.

You're going to love the Ribena wine, I make gallons of the stuff and it always turns out well.

I had the same trouble as you with blackberry. If it doesn't improve try adding some glycerine to it.

Love your user name BTW
                  Last edited by Mamgiowl; 13-01-2009, 12:55 PM.
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome aboard Billysollux :munching_
                    It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• This is a good spot to learn and it is also a fun spot welcome Billysollux
                      http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Welcome aboard Silly, oop's sorry meant Billy
                        Discount Home Brew Supplies
                        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hello everybody

Just thought I'd say hi. I'm new here and been winemaking for years, mainly country wines, mead and a few from grape concentrate. Finally sorted out all my old wine the oldest being a rice and raisin from 1986, very nice.

Mel

Comment

• Hi Mel *waves*

As you've been at it for years (so to speak....) we hope to see some pearls of wisdom from your corner soon
                            It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Hi Mel
                              welcome aboard

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by KevP View Post
                                Hi Mel *waves*

As you've been at it for years (so to speak....) we hope to see some pearls of wisdom from your corner soon
                                Not sure about any pearls, I just ferment anything going . I'm bad at keeping records because what I have to hand varies each time I do it. I keep an everlasting mead going, especially like medieval small ale. Use my juicer a lot & make wine from any excess fruit/veg including pulp from jelly making etc

Not a very orginised wine maker I fear

Comment

Working...
                                X