Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
    As the lady says cept for the fact I never make mistake.( that I own up to it is always somebody else.) Welcome BigD
    HAH! You just made a mistake, you called me a lady, and I ain't no lady, no siree....
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Well there you go Lush if you wouldn't put such misleading things as Her Lushness in your handle then I would not have called you a lady no offense hun.
      http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Well there you go Lush if you wouldn't put such misleading things as Her Lushness in your handle then I would not have called you a lady no offense hun.
        I can understand your confusion, and yes, I am of course female, but if you knew me, you'd not be calling me a lady...
        HRH Her Lushness

Comment

• ooooowhe!!! Well then no error made as we have not met then it is always best to to think of others in their best light besides you have always been lady like around me online.

Comment

ooooowhe!!! Well then no error made as we have not met then it is always best to to think of others in their best light besides you have always been lady like around me online.
            Ahhhh.... you're so kind... XXX

(haha, how appropriate, this is my 666th post)
            HRH Her Lushness

Comment

• HI ALL, seasons greetings to one and all.
              just a short post to introduce my self, i have been making wine for 4 months now,yes i know,i'm still very wet behind the ears compared to you experts out there, but as many before me have said" i am learning fast".i live in keswick in the lake district,i know of no other wine brewers in my area, so i use these sites as part of my learning curve,

brews made so far
              6 gall elderberry
              3 gall strawbery
              4 gall rice and raisin
              3 gall pumpkin
              5 gall rosehip
              5 gall hawthorne
              11 gall bramley apple
              3 gall celery
              3 gall beetroot
              1 gall beetroot port
              2 gall raspberry
              and 25 gall turbo cider
              and loads more in the planning
              very pleased to meet you all , now i'm of for a ratch around the site
              its a bugger being inquisetive

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbongster View Post
                HI ALL, seasons greetings to one and all.
                just a short post to introduce my self, i have been making wine for 4 months now,yes i know,i'm still very wet behind the ears compared to you experts out there, but as many before me have said" i am learning fast".i live in keswick in the lake district,i know of no other wine brewers in my area, so i use these sites as part of my learning curve,

brews made so far
                6 gall elderberry
                3 gall strawbery
                4 gall rice and raisin
                3 gall pumpkin
                5 gall rosehip
                5 gall hawthorne
                11 gall bramley apple
                3 gall celery
                3 gall beetroot
                1 gall beetroot port
                2 gall raspberry
                and 25 gall turbo cider
                and loads more in the planning
                very pleased to meet you all , now i'm of for a ratch around the site
                its a bugger being inquisetive
                Bloody hell Elbongster, you don't believe in small batches as a trial do you

I mean, that's more than I make in a year, so for 4 months that's a fast bit of work there matey

Hope it all works out for you though, and if it does then you're gonna have to be "a fast drinker"

Oh and welcome.

regards

JtFB
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Hi, Elbongster, welcome to the mad house.

That's an impressive list you've got there, you have obviously caught the bug big-time.

I'm intrigued by the celery wine, you must tell us how it turns out.

Mind, when Bob (Lockwood 1956) sees that, he's going to have a blue fit!

Tee hee
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome to a great hobby Elbongster. Since I started life has been much better (a bit of a blur but much better I think) at least what I can remember.

Comment

• still laughing

rjb 222 lmfaothanks every one for the warm welcome, can i fill in further why so much so fast.
                      i advertised for wine making equipment on freecycle,to my amazement i recieved over 60 demijohns with stoppers airlocks fermentation buckets heated plate all the chemicals i need, syphon filter,papers yeasts,bottles corks caps and even pressurised barrels all in good order.

there was two people due to age giving up the brewing game after many many years,one old woman has a damson orchard and has given me permission to pick the crop from now on

as you can imagine i have very little restrictions on what i can make demijohn wise ,and i am right in the middle of the countryside and i am a ok at forageing.plus i feel that these people who have been so generous i am obliged to keep them in constant use.

As for the amount of wine, my thinking was if i make a certain amount every year after 2-3 yrs when they have matured correctly i will know what i want to make again or not.

whats gonna nark bob about celery wine

just set of two gall of choc wine to night has anyone here made it before /how long did it last once your misses found out about it/how long did it mature.
                      i got a good crop of sloes this year and the wife made sloe gin/brandy/rum.she had some left and put them in a bottle with white wine i checked it
                      two days ago and it has started a secondary fermentation, so to start xmas day we will be having sloe sparkling wine for starters(if it tastes ok).

a happy accident i assure you

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbongster View Post

whats gonna nark bob about celery wine
                        Well, I don't know for sure but I think he's going to view it in the same way he does parsnip wine.
                        Let's party

Comment

• Must be careful with parsnip use could lead to the spanking room to get a spanking with a parsnip.

Comment

• Welcome, Elbongster.

That's certainly an impressive start

I'm also worried what Bob might say about the Beetroot
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post

I'm also worried what Bob might say about the Beetroot

Oh Lawks! I was so worried about the celery I overlooked the beetroot.

Lordy, Lordy!
                              Let's party

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
                                Oh Lawks! I was so worried about the celery I overlooked the beetroot.

Lordy, Lordy!
                                Tee hee hee... I'd pay good money to see someone spanked with a beetroot...
                                HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Working...
                                X