No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from Munich. 20 years ago I made some oversweet Elderflower wine and now I find myself surrounded by Elder and thought I'd give it another crack. I also love cider and for some strange reason its impossible to buy the stuff in Bavaria even though apple juice is more popular than coca cola here- so why not make my own. While I'm at it an IPA would also go down a treat :-) BBQ season starts in May so I'm aiming to have some enough stuff ready and on the go to keep me going through the summer. The only downside is that homebrewing is not very popular over here so finding the right yeasts etc is proving a bit of a pain, but it just adds to the fun. I plan to start with wine 1 just to test out the ingredients and then crack on with the cider....wine...beer...wine

Prost d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      !
      "Pickled" surely - sorry couldn't help myself!
      Hic!... Hic!... Hic-zactly! Soused!

"How demeaning! To be set upon by Tibley Bobley!" - Professor Moriarty

Comment

• Originally posted by i*windows View Post
        hello from Munich. 20 years ago I made some oversweet Elderflower wine and now I find myself surrounded by Elder and thought I'd give it another crack. I also love cider and for some strange reason its impossible to buy the stuff in Bavaria even though apple juice is more popular than coca cola here- so why not make my own. While I'm at it an IPA would also go down a treat :-) BBQ season starts in May so I'm aiming to have some enough stuff ready and on the go to keep me going through the summer. The only downside is that homebrewing is not very popular over here so finding the right yeasts etc is proving a bit of a pain, but it just adds to the fun. I plan to start with wine 1 just to test out the ingredients and then crack on with the cider....wine...beer...wine
        Good luck with that lot!

Comment

• Hello

I would like to say hi to all members, I am new to wine making having just started with a Young's Definative medium white.

Comment

• Welcome aboard. You will find us quite a friendly lot.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Hi there - can I also say 'hello' to all members; i'm new to the site as well and recently returned to wine making after several years. I also started with a Young's Definitive White which was very nice - however I've now found that using the supermarket juice recipe (x1 ltr white grape + x1 ltr apple juice) is even better - i've got my third one on the go!! also trying some Red - (x2 ltr purple grape juice and x 1 ltr blueberry juice). I also made a Tom Caxtons bitter kit with the 'hop system' - I bottled it and just tried one tonight - pretty pleased but perhaps a bit TOO hoppy. In addition, I tried making some cider last October - its ok and beautifully clear, but I realise that i really do need some proper cider apples to get those tannins-
              happy days!

Comment

• Originally posted by woody1962 View Post
                ...perhaps a bit TOO hoppy....
                No such thing

Welcome aboard.
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Hi to you both. Woody1962,i'm sat here drinking a wine no1 (white grape & apple juice) its quick and easy and its good
                  Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                    No such thing
                    I quite agree and another thing whats all this talk about white wine - It just robbery! Time stolen when you could have been making and drinking a good red wine

While you are waiting for cider apples - try an all grain brew - MUCHO easier than you think. MUCHO better to drink. MUCHO cheaper too.

There is one book that is brilliant and a ingredients are available all year round!
                    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                      I quite agree and another thing whats all this talk about white wine - It just robbery!
                      Rubbish!!

Anyway folks (and any newcomers reading this), we have an existing 'Introduce yourself here' thread, if you could use that one it'll keep things tidy:

Hello and Welcome this is a different kind of forum, one that is not controlled by a supplier, we aim to provide you with the best forum available to Uk wine,mead and Beer makers. Take a little time to look around and familiarize yourself with the forum. Your user control panel will give you options to change the way the

Ta
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• A very warm welcome

I merged the two threads together to keep things tidy

regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by waggoner View Post
                          Hi to you both. Woody1962,i'm sat here drinking a wine no1 (white grape & apple juice) its quick and easy and its good
                          Good afternoon Waggoner and company of wine, beer and cider makers

I wonder if somebody would be kind enough to point me in the direction of the source of the numbered wines that I keep seeing in posts... wine no 1, wine number 2 etc. I feel I'm missing out on a good thing here.

Also, I'd like to report that just over a week ago my first beer reached maturity. It was a Woodford's Wherry. I've always detested beer even though I've spent most of my adult life trying the odd glass and trying to acquire a taste for it. (I did this one for my brother.) He's given it an enthusiastic thumbs-up so I've been trying a little drop every day (say 50mls, then 75 then 100 and so on) building up till I can drink and acutally enjoy almost 1/2 a pint.

Shopping yesterday, I came across a home brew kit called "Young's Definitive Bitter" reduced to £10. So that'll be next

Comment

• Hello. here you go Tibley Bobley.....http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/f...ers-start-here
                            Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Ooh! Thank you Waggoner! I'm going to try that number 1 wine. Got everything I need for that one... except the specific yeast mentioned.

Comment

• What yeast(s) do you have handy?
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X