X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think tonight is a Zinfandel evening just right to go with spaghetti
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Last night was Wine No2 from the tutorial, very fresh and fruity, light style wine, easy drinker......

this was one I had "tweaked" for entry into a competition, it had some glycerene (for body and mouthfeel) oenocyannine (for extra colour) and sorbitol (for extra sweetness) added, after a couple of glasses were gone from the bottle I blended a little cab into it (from a teeny sample bottle) it did wonders for it, adding some pepper tones, and roundness, really firmed the wine up (tannnin additions I expect being the major component)...although it did produce a slightly bitter finish
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I think tonight is three fingers of a good scotch.We will see if three more are in order after I am done with the first three.

Comment

I dug out a dusty bottle of '04... um... "red blend" for tonight.

I honestly don't remember what all is in it as it was one of 5 bottles made from leftovers. Last time I opened one it wasn't very good. I'm hoping the years have been kind.
          Steve

Comment

come on man!!!!

was it any good?

details details

tonight for me was a wine No1 that i added glycerene and artificial sweetener to........

did it for a comp (won nothing with it)....it merely needed more time, quite smooth now, and rounded, but if im honest, a little cloying
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Well, the night is young...but I'm sipping a nice Cab/Sauv from California.....It'll go well with the pizza that's due to be delivered in about 15 mins.

Mmmmm.
              We all have to believe in something; I believe I'll have another glass of wine.

Comment

Result!
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  was it any good?
                  It wasn't awful. I remember it being so acidic that I ended up having to add a little wine conditioner to round it out. That in itself wasn't entirely bad, but what threw it out of whack was the addition of a tannic wine, merlot I think. So it was grippy and slightly sweet - not a favorable combo.

I drank a glass, dumped the rest, and opened a 2005 Tablas Creek Rhone-style blend. Now that one was good.
                  Steve

Comment

Tonight, all being well, I shall be sampling my the second batch of my wine number 2... which was made with different grape juice.
                    Its been chilling in the fridge for over a week now, so it is lovely and cold.
                    I will let you know how I get on
                    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Tonight, I have a glass of cold home made sparkling wine!

Well, It's 2 large glasses, from a 500ml beer bottle. It was the last bit out of the carboy when I bottle the sparkly. It's had 2 weeks in the warm to 'work' transferred the proper bottles outside this afternoon, and this one has been upside down for the 2 weeks got put in the freezer!

It isn't totally clear, but it has lots of fizz

Rich

Comment

I put a bottle of WE petit verdot into the decanter, for enjoyment later.....

had a stressful week, need to unwind....

gave blood this afternoon, so the wine will be more "effective"

regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                          I put a bottle of WE petit verdot into the decanter, for enjoyment later.....

had a stressful week, need to unwind....

gave blood this afternoon, so the wine will be more "effective"

regards
                          Bob
                          some people will try anything lol

Comment

And now, I've nearly finished a bottle of my Gewürztraminer copy, made with tinned Lychees. Tastes very nice.. even this young! (only bottled it this week, just had to try a bottle!)

Comment

Iced tea for me this afternoon, then off to work for the weekend.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                                Iced tea for me this afternoon, then off to work for the weekend.

That's a bummer but some of us have to do it. Port for after supper this evening and into the warmth of the valley and flowering fruit trees for the weekend and beyond. Cheers man Daw

Comment

Working...
                                X